Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Cat has Returned!

A Note From Mother Cat:
Dorothy said it, "There's no place like home!"  We're tired but we did it all - from Tampa to within 100 miles of the Arctic Circle.  Our family party of six traveled by air, cruise ship, rental car, bus and train.  I'm thoroughly convinced because of the enormous size and scope of our largest state that there must be countless areas of Alaska still unexplored and uninhabited.  

My personal favorite activity in Alaska was panning for gold.  Between John and I, we assayed $33.  However, the Alaskan pipeline brought tears to my eyes.  I grew up as the Oilman's Daughter and rode the delivery trucks with my Dad.  Actually seeing and even touching this amazing engineering feat meant a lot to me.  

From Fairbanks we flew south to Las Vegas and then drove up to Utah where we spent two weeks with my sister in her wonderful rustic mountain cabin 11,200 feet above sea level.  The temperature ranged from 40 degrees at night to 60 degrees in the daytime.  

Now we are back and green grass looks real good to us.  John and I want to thank our staff here in the shop and commend them for a job well done in our absence.  Although, if you have mice tales to tell, please, by all means, stop by and fill me in!!

Meow......
Marilyn and John 

1 comment: